Quilts Make a Family

Quilts Make a Family
Book Ten

Monday, June 25, 2012

At Long Last Blog

It turns out I'm not a very prolific blogger! Yet. . . It has been a busy year. My newest Harriet Truman/Loose Threads mystery came out in February and I jumped right into promoting it starting in January (I know! I did several shows before it was actually delivered).
In addition to the usual shows in Oregon and Washington, I went to the Arizona Quilt Guild Show in Mesa. Words can't describe how nice it was to be in eighty degree Arizona instead of forty-degrees-and-raining Oregon in early March.
The show was lovely and my books were well received. I was in the Craftsman's Touch book booth with Jack and Linne Lindquist which was very fun. 


In April I went to Paducah, Kentucky for the American Quilter Society show. It was as wonderful as I'd always imagined. I met a lot of friendly quilters and once again had fun with Jack and Linne. My own husband, Jack was able to come with me and he enjoyed driving to the Corvette Museum a few hours drive away. 


The show season has slowed, so now I'm fast at work on Book Six of Harriet's adventures.
My publisher (Zumaya Publications) is busy working on a web page scavenger hunt - I'll have more information on that soon. I can tell you that I'm busy making kitchen quilts (pot holders) that will be part of the prize package. Stay tuned . . . .
 

6 comments:

  1. Arlene, I had the good fortune to meet you in Paducah this spring and although you had ran out of your newest book, I did get one of your earlier books which you autographed. I did not read it though until about 2 weeks ago and once I started, I could not put it down. Well, since I was then hooked, I got on my Kindle Fire and one after the other bought everyone of the books and as of tonight, I am all caught up. There is one little problem I have though....I want to know if Harriet picks Aiden or Tom??? Hmmmmm...wonder how long I am going to have to wait to find out? Love your writing! Keep it up please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arlene,
    I purchased two of your books when you were here in Mesa, AZ at the AQG show. You signed them both I just finished reading Quilt As Desired, I took it with me to a quilting retreat, big mistake. I wanted to read more than sew. I sure enjoyed the book! I hope you will be back to the AQG show next year. I even mentioned your book in my blog post. http://mequilter.blogspot.com/2012/08/quilting-retreat_20.html
    Lots of luck to you and I hope you keep writing.
    Mary in AZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your books....only one problem....I want more and I know your working hard on your next book and I'm waiting with baited breath! Hope your year is excellent and looking forward to the next read!

    ReplyDelete