Quilts Make a Family

Quilts Make a Family
Book Ten

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

On The Road Again

And so my travels begin . . . 
It's tough making a six am flight out of PDX - I had to get up at 3:30 am which is pretty darn early!
For the first time ever I was awarded an exit row seat! If you don't know what that means, let me tell you - you get all the leg room you could ever want. It pretty well offset the effects of sitting in the middle seat between two giants. I'm pretty sure if our plane was going down in flames I could rip the door off as well as they could. Of course given the terrain between Oregon and Texas, I'm also pretty sure that it wouldn't matter what the giants and I did with door in any case.
In spite of the scare tactics on the news (Continental canceling food on flights of less than 6 hours), we did get our cereal as soon as we were at cruising altitude. I can see why they are canceling breakfast though. The three flakes of cereal they give you look pitiful swimming in the 1/8 cup of milk they provide. And no matter how they rationalize it - a bag of raisins is not an equal trade off for the mini-banana you used to get. It's probably less painful to just cancel the whole miniature thing.
The last time I visited Texas, Lydia pulled the hair out on her front legs. It has finally filled in after 5 months, so I'm hoping she'll refrain this trip. 
Tomorrow is a rest day and then Friday its on to my first event - Quilt N Sew Studio in Katy, Texas on the first day of the  Greater Houston Shop Hop!


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Sounds like an interesting trip. rest up and have fun at the quilt shop.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete