Quilts Make a Family

Quilts Make a Family
Book Ten

Friday, March 5, 2010

Psychopaths and Other Fun Stuff

I just have to report that I'm continuing to be amazed by the facts I'm learning about psychopaths in the book -The Psychopath: Emotion and the Brain by James Blair, Derek Mitchell, and Karina Blair.
One amazing thing they told me is that among criminals they identified as psychopaths, the rate of re-offense is greater among those who receive treatment! That's right - they are worse if they get therapy. . . I found that to be a scary thought. . . 
I'm also looking forward to a new book on poison I've just learned about - The Poisoner's Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York by Deborah Blum
My fascination with poison worries my dear husband even though I try to assure him that only my characters like poison, not me. . . . 
On a different note - tomorrow is the Yarn Crawl in Portland, and  I'm looking forward to hosting a number of my Cordelia's Knitters . . . .  
That's all I know for now . . . . 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment